- Build applications working on both front end and back end technologies using various programming languages and development tools for the end users to use for their business needs
- Building software in accordance to the standards and guidelines
- Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of APIs delivering business value.
- Providing expertise regarding API technologies.
- Ensuring builds are kept green and the code management strategy (branching) is closely followed.
- Raising capability and standards within the team; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback etc.)
- Proactive contribution to continual improvements within your team through both active participation in retrospective and from engagement with cross team best-practice communities
- Advisory to Product Owners to identify and manage risks, debt, issues and opportunities for the technical improvement
- 10-15 years of total experience. Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience in building applications on Java 8.0, J2EE stack.
- Hands on experience in developing scalable and robust RESTful APIs
- Deep knowledge of REST/SOAP
- Any database knowledge SQL/NoSQL : Oracle 12c/MongoDB/Cassandra/mySQL.
Good to have
- Experience on Microsoft Azure App Services or Goggle Cloud.
- Experience with API Gateways and integrations
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline with Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
- API definition using Swagger
- Strong Experience Using BDD and TDD approaches and tooling
- Possess good understanding of UX & UI principles and should be able to apply them while building solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language, and communicate to different target groups
- Ability to understand complex design
- Possessing the ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces and opinions, within the development team